SVP, Business Development Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports To: Chief of Sales and Marketing
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting of sales performance to executive team. You will be supported by a Sales Support team that tracks this data in our CRM.
- Conduct monthly reviews with the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer to perform market analysis, evaluate current talent pool, and regional execution of goals and objectives to effectively “tell the story” of the results.
- Serve as the voice of the salespeople and customers to the company.
- Develops and implements specialized or targeted sales strategies to capture key demographics.
- Collaborate with SVP of Marketing to align both of your team’s efforts to meet company goals and product revenue targets.
- Establish annual sales objectives by projecting expected sales quotas for territories/RMs
- Controlling sales activity through performance management, goal setting, utilization of current technology tools and communication that keeps the team aligned with company goals and strategy,
- Ensure the effectiveness of cross-selling activities.
- Actively encourage, coach, and counsel RM team to:
- Ensure focus on sales activities and the customers.
- Enlighten the team by helping them make effective use of customer research, data and tools.
- Create excitement among team members by promoting a culture of success and collaboration, providing leadership, and implementing motivation programs.
- Act as a training partner by traveling with the RMs on sales calls and sharing observations based on what the RM was trying to achieve.
- Focus on skills and activities for those whose skills need enhancement and on motivation for those who already have the skills.
- Assists marketing, advertising, or related departments in promoting the organization's products or services.
- Collaborate with our Chief of Sales and Marketing to plan an effective annual training program, as well as any monthly or quarterly training events.
- Keep up current with economic indicators and our competitors.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of the industry and the products.
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of the PCBB relationship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or another closely related field
- 5+ years’ experience as a sales manager, managing a team with a minimum size of 5 and with a track record of exceeding sales goals
- Preferred 5+ years working with/for community financial institutions.
- Ability to motivate others and strive for team success
- Results focused attitude
- Exceptional customer relationship management
- High comfort level with CRM navigation, usage, and management
- Decisiveness and ability to speak up
- Efficient and effective communicator
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time
- Respectful: Values others, cares & listens
- Enabling: Collaborate, empower & inspire
- Accountable: Take responsibility, strive for excellence & value learning
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands/work environment described here is a representation of what must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit; use hands/arms/fingers to handle, feel or reach, talk/hear, position self to move and have visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. The employee may be required to lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PCBB is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, disability (mental and physical), medical condition, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law.