Senior ETL Developer
Department: Information Technology
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Reports to: Chief Technology Information Officer
Job SummaryThe Senior ETL Developer will be responsible for design and development of ETL (extraction, transformation, loading) in support of data management. The role will cover full systems development life cycle (SDLC) phases including requirements gathering, data analysis, system design, development, implementation, and post-implementation support. During the design phase, the role will produce data models that follow industry best practices and company standards. During the development phase, the role will perform database development, and ETL development. This role serves as a lead and/or mentor to peers and less experienced Developers.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Serve as a lead in determining logic for database development; mentors less experienced Developers
- Collaborate with users, business analysts, developers, database administrators, and project managers on reporting and data management projects.
- Gather ETL requirements from business analysts and owners to produce requirements documents
- Collaborate with data architect to create conceptual, logical, and physical data models for reporting databases
- Develop database objects, and create ETL processes
- Create databases, table spaces, tables, indexes, triggers, procedures, and other database objects
- Define the content and structure of the database (schema) and advises users on efficient techniques for extracting data
- Implement changes and provide post-implementation user support and system support
- Provide informed feedback to the Information Technology staff to support the design, development, and implementation of PCBB’s data architecture for historical reporting and analysis
- Identify and advocate beneficial change opportunities
- Act as a technical resource for application and data users, data administrators and others
- Ensures compliance with PCBB’s privacy and government security policies
- Assist in the planning and delivering of multiple projects
- Work with software vendors to open defects, log issues and seek resolutions and/or patches
- Evaluate incidents/defects, investigate, identify root cause and come up with solutions to address them
- Champion data quality, integrity and reliability by designing and promoting best practices
- Contribute and participate in MicroStrategy design and code reviews
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates must have deep technical expertise and hands-on ETL implementation experience including:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field with programming and database systems coursework or equivalent database development experience.
- 6+ years of experience in an ETL Developer role with exposure to Data Management, Data Warehousing, or Business Intelligence
- 5+ years of experience with SQL
- Experience with data warehouse tasks consisting of mapping, architecture design, requirements management, profiling, analysis, integrity checking, impact analysis, etc.
- Experience in gathering business requirements from cross functional teams
- Proficient with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MSSQL and Visual Studio on projects using waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience with SDLC processes and TFS or comparable source control tool
- 5-10 years Data Warehouse preferred
- 1 year Python preferred
- Experience with the following tools:
- OLAP (SSAS or comparable product)
- ERWin, ERStudio, or other comparable data modeling/data comparison tool Star and snowflake schemas
- Experience in a team or project lead role, with a focus on mentoring
- MicroStrategy experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and effectively communicate details with all levels of management
- Adept and proactive at problem-solving
- Strong analytical skills with ability to develop solutions to problems independently and through facilitated team discussions
- Ability to prioritize workload, multi-task, meets deadlines and manage competing priorities under pressure
- Experience with Financial Services
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands/work environment described here is a representation of what must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit; use hands/arms/fingers to handle, feel or reach, talk/hear, position self to move and have visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. The employee may be required to lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To Apply:Email Human Resources
PCBB is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, disability (mental and physical), medical condition, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law.