BSA/AML Compliance Analyst
Location: Walnut Creek, California
Reports to: BSA/AML Officer
The BSA/AML Compliance Analyst will primarily be responsible for reviewing alerts generated from transaction monitoring system and performing investigations for any potential suspicious activity. In addition to these duties, the Analyst will be responsible for performing CDD at on-boarding, risk scoring the customer, performing EDD on the high risk customers, and continuous monitoring as required by the CDD Rule. The Analyst will also be the back-up for the BSA/AML Officer and will assist with policies, procedures, training, OFAC escalations and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review alerts from the transaction monitoring system
- Perform investigations on any potentially suspicious activity
- Perform CDD/EDD reviews at on-boarding and ongoing monitoring at periodic intervals
- Assist with annual and specialized training plans
- Assist with the BSA/AML annual risk assessment
- Assist with tuning of transaction monitoring system
- Back-up for SAR filings, 314(a) and 314(b)
- Assist with updates to policies and procedures
- Back-up for OFAC escalations
- Assist with data and metrics gathering for ongoing management reporting
- Assist in producing documents for audits and exams
- Other assignments and duties as required
- 5 years BSA experience in a financial institution preferred
- BSA/AML investigations experience preferred
- BA or BS degree preferred
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) required, or obtained within 6 month of accepting position (if not certified upon hire)
- Solid organizational, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent follow through, attention to detail and documentation skills
- Ability to be an independent thinker
- Ability to handle delicate and/or sensitive situations
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands/work environment described here is a representation of what must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit; use hands/arms/fingers to handle, feel or reach, talk/hear, position self to move and have visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. The employee may be required to lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Email Human Resources
PCBB is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, disability (mental and physical), medical condition, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law.