To end our celebration of Community Banking Month, we bring together a mix of outreach stories. We cannot possibly capture all the wonderful ways community banks help their neighborhoods every day. But, we hope that we have given you a peek into the impact community banks are making.
- Executives of Golden Pacific Bank in CA ride their bikes in downtown Sacramento to reach out to homeless in need.
- River City Bank in CA awarded $100k to Sacramento Cottage Housing, which provides long-term housing and training programs for the formerly homeless.
- Berkshire Bank of MA gave $13k to Bridge over Troubled Waters which provides services for homeless and high-risk youth.
Helping Deliver Meals
- Waterford Bank of OH has a team of bankers that delivers meals to the elderly and those with a medical need. Over the past 4Ys, the team has delivered about 900 meals.
- For the past 7Ys, Century Bank of NM has been a lead sponsor for an annual event that benefits Meals on Wheels. The 2017 event raised $40k, with 700 people in attendance.
- Employees of the Paducah Bank and Trust of KY hand-wrote Valentine cards with a cookie, for the Meals on Wheels recipients through the Senior Center.
Helping the Military
- Bank of Feather River in CA started a program to welcome military spouses arriving at the local air force base. Local businesses provide coupons and gift certificates to them also.
Honoring the Fire Department
- Bank of Hope in CA visited their local fire department HQS to honor them for their efforts and provide them with supplies.
- Bank of Bird-in-Hand in PA holds its annual picnic on the grounds of the local fire company, which is the bank's primary sponsorship. Last year, the bank donated a check for $7,500.
- Fidelity Bank of PA branches invite their community to a free event 3-4x per year. These include seminars, fitness classes etc.
- First National Bank of Central Texas hosts Cash Mobs during the year, when staff receives vouchers to use at local businesses.
- Kish Bancorp of PA has pledged $50,000 to local charities.
Thank you for your service to your communities. We applaud you and support you in your ongoing endeavors.